Argentina Negra

Barcode: 58963948 Material Type: Video -Digital Time: 3 min. Date: 2017 Language: Spanish Creator: Directed by Federico Pita Description: In black Argentina , nine interviewees, Afro-descendant women and men, reflect on racism in their country and the pride of being black. Two of the testimonies are of Dora Cuello and Elsa Cuello, twins born in Argentina, granddaughters and great-granddaughters of Argentines, although many do not want to believe. "People always ask: where are you from? They say I have a foreign accent. But if I was born here, what accent can I have? Argentino! "Complains one of them. Nor does the sister resent herself: "I see these people as ignorant. Because I'm black I have to come from the other side, I can not be from Argentina? I am the same as the others. Being black is, for me, a pride. " The video is a production of the African Diaspora of Argentina . The authorship is of Federico Fernando Pita, and the direction of Franco De Nunzio. Collection: Language Resource Center