遠い太鼓 = A Distant Drum

cover image
Barcode: 58994648 Call Number: FR-JPN Mur Material Type: Print Date: 1993 Language: Japanese Creator: Haruki Murakami Description: "When I woke up one morning and listened carefully, I heard the sound of drums coming from somewhere far away. As I listened to that sound, I felt like going on a long journey. The author, who was about to turn 40, was driven by a certain thought and left Japan to embark on a long journey to Greece and Italy. A sketchbook of the three years he spent living in a foreign country, which marked a turning point for him as a writer, when he wrote ``Norwegian Wood'' and ``Dance, Dance, Dance.'' When I woke up one morning and listened carefully, I heard the sound of drums coming from somewhere far away. The sound of the drum echoed from a faraway place and from a faraway time. - Inspired by that sound, I set out on a long journey to Greece and Italy. A new type of travelogue that covers three years from the fall of 1986 to the fall of 1989." - Google Books via Google Translate Collection: Language Resource Center